- "St. Mary's School is phenomenal because everybody is friendly and they care about each other. St. Mary's is awesome because we learn, we play, and you have fun activities to do like research reports and go to math club and reading buddies."4th grade Student
- "I love St. Mary's because Jesus is in my heart. I learn how to read. I meet new friends and the teachers care about me."Kindergarten Student
- "We get one to one attention. We learn to never give up, we always try our best."2/3 Multiage Student
- Knights of Columbus weekly Monday Night BINGO at 7:00PM!
Welcome to the 4th grade classroom at St. Mary’s School. My name is Ms. Trainor and this is my 11th year of teaching at St. Mary‘s.
I received my MA in Dance Movement Therapy from Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado, and my MST in Childhood Education from SUNY Potsdam. I have taught students for over 35 years in a variety of settings; including educational, recreational and therapeutic venues.
I have participated as a traveling scholar in two National Endowment for the Humanities Landmarks of American History and Culture Workshops in 2009 and 2010 and I work at integrating the “Arts” into the curriculum as well as providing opportunities for “Problem Based Learning” in the classroom.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you have regarding the Common Core Curriculum or your child as we work together on the education of your child. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Educational Links for Children:
- New York State Testing Practice Site <http://www.studyzone.org>
- School subscription for math practice:<http://www.ixl.com>
- Math problem solving and practice <http://www.mathfactcafe.com>
- Social Studies resources <http://www.archives.gov>
- Science resources <http://www.ncsu.edu/imse/4/elementaryEd.htm>
- Technology keyboarding practice < http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/>