We are so blessed to have our children attending St. Mary's. The education they are receiving and values they are learning are as wonderful as the teachers!
- Mom & Dad of3rd & 6th Graders
- My favorite part of St.Mary's is gym! - Ben, 1st Grade
- I love St.Mary's because my friends are here. - 2nd Grader
- School Calendar - May 2013
- Knights of Columbus weekly Monday Night BINGO at 7:00PM!
Welcome to Second Grade! My name is Mary-Elizabeth Friot and I am currently in my 12th year teaching at St. Mary’s School. I have my undergraduate degree in Elementary Education (PK-6) and I hold a Masters degree in Reading/Literacy.
Second grade is when your child’s learning begins to evolve as they start to read more fluently, master their math facts, grown in their ability to write creatively, and so much more. My classroom is always full of life as we meet the individual needs of the students and incorporate small group and whole group instruction. I encourage parent involvement in my room and have daily communication between home and school.
St. Mary’s is such a wonderful and nurturing school, that my own three children are currently enrolled. The combination of education and family values that enrich their lives daily is a profound reason to send your child to St. Mary’s.
I am currently on the Parish Council for St. Mary’s, as well as head of the after-school Latch Key program, which runs from 2:15-4:30 Monday through Friday.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the school at 315-386-3572 or email me at email@example.com.
2 Powers Street
Canton, NY 13617
- Congratulations to the Second Grade students that made their First Holy Communion over the weekend!
- Lunch Menu
- Latch Key runs after school from 2:15 until 4:30 PM. Download Sign-up Form.
- Half Day (St. Mary's Students Only): May 17. Dismissal will be at 11:30. Lunch will be served.
- May 31 is our Walk-athon “Trek for Tech”!
- Our 6 Grade Play is on Tuesday, June 4 at 6:30PM in the gym.
- Our Spring Concert is on Thursday, June 13 at 6:30PM in the church.
- June 14 is School Picnic at Taylor Park.